This puzzle is another one of my own design. It concerns seven coins in a row on a table. Each of them was minted in a different year, and have varying values. The aim of the puzzle is to figure out the value, position in the row and year of minting of each coin. You have the following information:
1. The oldest coin is third from the right.
2. The coin on the extreme right is more than ten years older than the one on its immediate left.
3. The two five-rupee coins are next to each other.
4. The coin of the highest value is also the most recent.
5. The coin that is second from the left was minted in 1989.
6. The year of minting of the second coin from the left uses the same digits as the coin two spaces to its right.
7. The above also applies for the third coin from the left.
8. The extreme left and extreme right coins were both minted in palindromic years (palindromic numbers can be read from right to left as well as left to right and be read as the same number, such as 454 or the word ‘level’).
9. The second-oldest coin is worth two rupees.
10. The coin in the centre is of the lowest value.
Values: (all in rupees): 1, 2, 2, 2, 5, 5, 10
Years of minting: 1967, 1976, 1989, 1991, 1998, 2002, 2012